Company History

dt_about

History and Values

Founded by Harry “Ponce” DeLeon on July 4, 1936, the Harry D. DeLeon Company first operated as a Manufacturer’s Representative. Thomas A. Lundeen joined the company in 1950; Harry’s son, Creigh N. DeLeon, joined the family business in 1962; and Robert J. Thompson, son of T. A. Lundeen, came on board in 1967. In 1981, Robert Thompson and Creigh DeLeon restructured the business as DeLeon Thompson, Inc. with Robert as president and Creigh as secretary-treasurer. In 1983, Robert Thompson became chairman of the board and Creigh DeLeon was elected president, serving in that capacity until his death in 1986.

The company is now under the leadership of third-generation owners John Thompson, who joined the company in 1980, becoming president in 1994, and Matthew Thompson, who joined the company in 1986 and became vice president in 2001.

DeLeon-Thompson has experienced and sustained major growth over the years by doing business with honesty, integrity and flexibility. Building relationships based on friendship and trust, the company advocates for its customers, while maintaining successful partnerships with the brands it represents. Examples of DeLeon-Thompson’s agile business practices include rapid response to customer requests, speedy quote turnaround time and emergency deliveries.

Locations

DeLeon-Thompson serves the metalworking industry from its headquarters in Moline, Illinois, and warehouses in Moline and Des Moines, Iowa, with a market territory that includes all of Iowa and central Illinois.

Memberships

The company maintains membership in the Society of Manufacturing Engineers and the Industrial Supply Association (ISA), and is active in the Quad-City Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club of Moline.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers
Industrial Supply Association
Quad City Chamber of Commerce